Crimson soap is an all natural handmade soap make using French red clay & kokum butter.
Fragrance Description: An amalgamation of floral herbaceous scent of Lavender essential oil, ylang ylang essential oil and Rosemary oil.
Benefits of French Red Clay:
French red clay comes from Hematite Iron, its color is the result of the copper oxides contained in this rock.
Rich in kaolinite, illite, montmorillonitea and calcite, French Red Clay is best suited for normal to oily skin types.
French Red Clay cleanses and sloughs off dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, leaving it refreshed and toned with a rejuvenated look.
Benefits of Kokum butter:
Kokum butter is an oil derived from the seeds of a fruit-bearing tree called the kokum tree. The chemical structure of the fat allows kokum butter to remain solid at room temperature — hence why it’s typically referred to as a butter instead of an oil.
It is rich in essential fatty acids, which softens the skin and helps promote elasticity.
Helps prevent drying of the skin
Helps heal ulcers, heal fissures & cracks of the lips, hands and soles of feet
Helps regenerates skin cells & reduces degeneration of skin cells
Non-pore clogging (non-comedogenic)
Contains 80% stearic-oleic-stearic triglycerides
Contains antioxidant properties (Vitamin E galore!!)
Softens the skin and restores skin flexibility & elasticity
Ingredients: Saponified* Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil**, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil***, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Garcinia Indica (Kokum) Seed Butter****, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Cananga odorata Flower (ylang ylang) Oil, French Red Clay.
*turn (fat/oil) into soap by reaction with an alkali
- The price mentioned is cost of one bar of soap.
- All our Fragrance oils (phthalate-free) and micas are imported from USA.
- All our micas are vegan & cruelty free.
Why to use cold processed soap: Most of today's soaps have natural glycerin removed, only to be placed in lotions and marketed for people as a necessity, after skin is stripped of its natural oils. Cold-process soaps are all glycerin soaps (the saponification process produces glycerin naturally as by-product), and provide other natural oils benefits for the skin. Cold-process soap cleanse, while nurturing the skin.
How is it made: Cold Processed soaps are made in a traditional method that produces mild and gentle soap (with proper formulation). Oils are combines with lye solution so that the oil and lye molecules can combine to make something new: SOAP! We make all of our soaps with at least 5% super-fat. This means that 5% or more of the luxurious oils that we add are left in the soap to nourish your skin. The end result is creamy lather, beautiful bubbles and pure soap that will nourish your skin whether you have oily skin or dry skin.
How to extend the life of your soap:
- Place your soap in an elevated soap dish that drains the water and allow aeration to facilitate the soap to dry (not flat on the tile or in a non-draining dish!).
- Ensure that it doesn't get wet between uses. This is optional, but it will definitely make your soap last longer.
- Use our Natural soap saver bags to extend the life of the soap.
- There are some things to note about hand crafted soap - Each bar is handmade and cut by hand, so variations will occur.
- We make no claims with our soap, as soap is a wash off product. However, we hope you are captivated by the scents, colours, and enjoy your bathing experience.
- A skin patch test should be done before using any soap with essential oil.
*Pregnant or nursing women and children should consult their health care providers before using essential oils.
Best Before: Soaps gets better with age (just like wine) but we would recommend you to use the soaps within 6 months before the fragrance fades away.